Morse

Morse
Morse & friend

Wednesday 24 April 2019

Daylesford Autumn Dispatch - Wednesday, 24th April 2019



My apologies for the delay in sending an Easter Dispatch. I have been in bed recovering from a lurgy and Easter has passed by without my participation.

Wes has been wonderful, as always, doing everything, which includes managing our two excited & unpredictable young Labs.
His reward was a trip to the footy last Sunday, where he and Barbara saw Carlton finally win a game & win it well, scoring 101 points, which is something they have failed to do for some time. I was well enough to get up & dressed & babysit, while he went to the Docklands, but I was more than ready to go back to bed on his return.

From my window I have watched Autumn gradually taking over the deciduous trees, I have seen some glorious sunsets, the occasional pink sky at dawn and, every now & then, two mad Labs chasing each other around the back yard.

Daylesford was chock full of visitors over Easter and I’m sure all the traders are both grateful & exhausted. As I sit here looking out to the Lake, it is quiet & peaceful, and although there are few roses, the lavender is out, the seaside daisies are recovering from the battering they took from Lewis & Morse and, through the misty rain, I can see grass trying to make a re-entry through the dry, dusty earth.

Apart from yesterday, we have had non-stop footy since Holy Thursday night, where Collingwood was able to account for Brisbane quite comfortably at the Gabba. I am hoping to attend the 25th ANZAC Day match tomorrow, between Collingwood & Essendon. I haven’t missed one of these games since the very first, memorable draw in front of nearly 95,000 people. Wes has offered to drive me to Ballan Station, so I can catch the train & I have a reserved seat on Level 4.

Yin & yang – Morse & Lewis with their post bath bones – making sure they are separate!

No comments:

Post a Comment