Morse

Morse
Morse & friend

Sunday 14 April 2019

Daylesford Autumn Dispatch - Sunday, 14th April 2019


We started our week with a long early morning – the Sunday Market was busy when we arrived at 8am & so was the Food Gallery Café when we turned up 45 minutes later. Seven of us enjoyed yummy meals, hot drinks & good conversations together.

Wes showed the film Storm Boy early that afternoon to an appreciative audience. I hadn’t particularly wanted to see it, as I really loved the original, but he assured me it was very good.
During this week we’ve been busy again, catching up with friends & enjoying being able to see Lake Daylesford when we walk around it early each morning with Lewis & Morse.


Here are Tracye & Leo being greeted rapturously in daylight by our boys. We don’t know this couple except that we meet early most mornings walking around the Lake & that Lewis & Morse met them on their very first walk & get most excited to see them.

I drove to Ballarat on Monday morning to see my podiatrist, Victoria Armstrong, which is always a pleasure. However, the drive took about 10 minutes longer than usual both ways because of all the roadworks on the Creswick Road. It will all be much better when it is finished, but I had forgotten to allow that much extra time & was worried I would be late for my appointment.

We cancelled golf on Tuesday morning because of intermittent (and very welcome rain), which gave Wes time to do some gardening (replanting things that had been dug up & finding hiding places for precious plants). In the afternoon he drove to Woodend to catch up with old political friend, John Connor, at Bourkie’s Bakery. On the way he dropped off the latest crop of beanies, berets & mittens to Jodie in Wheatsheaf. Judi had given me some warm clothes she found when she was de-cluttering and he took them as well. I had added pom-poms to the toddler’s beanies & hope they prove a winner!



Devonshire teas at Chaplin’s last week, where the boys enjoyed the view from the veranda, as well as any crumbs that fell from the table!

After our walk on Wednesday, I went to gym, followed by a lovely catch up with Judi over a pot of Jasmine tea & warm muffins at Muffins & More. Wes & Barbara went to John Hungerford’s Newlyn Nursery in a successful search of some plants for her garden.
Wes headed off early on Thursday to visit Leanne & then to have lunch with old friend, Gerard Lazzaro. I enjoyed looking after Lewis & Morse & only took time out to have a cuppa with my “boyfriend”, Joe Rozen, who has had a pacemaker fitted recently & is firing on all cylinders again. We went to Muffins & More, as it is close by & convenient, warm & welcoming & serves Jasmine tea!


Lewis & Morse coping with a blanket over them for the first time!

It was my turn to drive to Melbourne on Friday & I went to Northcote to stay with Danny overnight & go to the Collingwood/Western Bulldogs game at the MCG. It was a beautiful day and night & although I took a jacket, I didn’t need it. When I arrived at the G, I went looking for Gayle Gibson (AKA Loud Gayle), and found her in the Members’ Dining room with her husband, Fraser, their daughter, Gabby, and Gabby’s son Fraser, celebrating his 20th birthday.
  



My next stop was the Library, but I turned around to find David & Daniel Lazzaro behind me, so went to the 4th level with them, where they got brilliant seats & we had time for a drink & catch up chat. We were joined later by David’s best friend, Matt, who lives in Tassie & gets to the footy whenever he can. It was a scrappy game of footy & the Pies only drew away in the last quarter to record a narrow win in front of 60,000.

Yesterday, like most of Australia, and some of the world, we were glued to the TV to see Winx run her last race before retiring. This was the Queen Elizabeth Stakes (2000m) at Royal Randwick in Sydney before a capacity crowd. She duly won and recorded her 33rd consecutive win, of which 25 were Group 1 races.

Today we are off to the Sunday Market shortly, followed by breakfast with friends. Wes is showing the lunchtime school holidays film, Missing Link, and then we’ll see if Carlton can beat Gold Coast up there. Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment