Morse

Morse
Morse & friend

Sunday 28 May 2023

Daylesford Autumn Dispatch - Sunday, 28th May 2023


We had differing experiences last Sunday. After the Daylesford Market, and when I was packed, Wes & Morse drove me to Woodend Station, (the Ballarat line was coaches instead of trains), where I obtained a free ticket and caught a couple of trains to the MCG. When I got there, I was able to get a reserved seat on Level 2, on the wing, undercover, which was perfect, especially as over 80,000 attended the match. I spent a lovely time with Gayle Gibson and a couple of flutes of bubbles, with which we toasted her late husband, Fraser. 
Welcome to Country celebrations before the footy

Much to Wes's chagrin, the game was over & done with by quarter time, although the Blues slightly outscored us in the remaining three quarters. I felt so sorry for all the Carlton supporters, adults & kids around me, as they had come to the footy with high hopes, and Carlton couldn't buy a goal, but kicked points instead. Wes & Morse met me at Woodend Station at 8pm & presented me with the Maloney Cup on the spot. 

We were both tired on Monday, after my very long day, and all Wes's driving, and decided not to have School, but catch up with the paper over our hot drinks & scrolls. I visited Glen, who was planning a drive in the sunshine, and agreed to pick up a tub of O'Toole's honey for us while she was out.
Our beautiful maple after the wind swept through!

The rest of the week seems to have flown by. Mostly I have been able to stay up at night for dinner, which is wonderful. What is even better is the news from my doctor, Ellie, when I saw her on Thursday. She has given me a prescription for very small doses of Naltrexone, which has given patients with conditions like mine, added energy & lessened anxiety. The cost is $105 for 3 months, which is very reasonable. It is used in larger doses for patients wanting to withdraw from drug or alcohol abuse. We had to get it made up from a compounding pharmacy in Ballarat (Crawford's), which needed a couple of days to produce the correct size capsules and picked them up yesterday morning.

Wes & I both enjoyed Zooms this week - he had a big chat with his Mostly Overseas Friends on Thursday morning, as well as catching up with Barbara in New Zealand. Meanwhile, I had two excellent chats with Leanne, who is doing well; an early call with Jeff in Lincolnshire, where the 45 minutes we allotted flew by again, and a delightful catch up with Old Friends, where we welcomed Karen Stevenson, (AKA Lovely), home from a 5-week overseas holiday. 
Another stunning sunset from our decking - you can see Lake Daylesford & the Wombat State Forest in the distance

As well, I had a wonderful long lunch at Pancho, with Emma Ford, owner of EKO Skin Care Spa. Emma has retired from treatments and is concentrating on managing her business. We both enjoy each other's company & 90 minutes flew by. 

Judi & I played Mah Jong at Muffins, and won three games each, which is an ideal outcome. We caught up on each other's news, drank Jasmine tea, and said hello to other locals in the cafĂ©. 

Wes has been resting his knee, except for walking Morse in the mornings, and it has been perfect weather to stay inside, rather than work in the garden. I've been knitting beanies, changing passwords on the computer, rereading Brian McGilloway books (crime set in Northern Ireland), and watching old episodes of Dalziel & Pascoe when I need to take it easy.

We've woken to pouring rain this morning & everywhere is covered in mist. The birds are feeding happily, in spite of the weather, & Morse is waiting impatiently for us to put him in the car & head to the Daylesford Market. Later this morning we are driving to Coburg for a lunchtime catch up with Old Friends. Fingers crossed the rain has eased by the time we are on the road. 
Morse enjoying a dog's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment