Belle's teenage son does resemble the Pink Panther!
Last Sunday, Wes & Morse picked me up at Ballan Station at 10.15am. I'd had the excitement of getting into the wrong train at Southern Cross - it was at the platform and said it was going to Wendouree, but a helpful couple walking past told me that the right train was way in the distance, beyond the covered platform, so I hot-footed it there and was very grateful to them.
We had a quiet day - Wes had been so busy doing the walk & Daylesford Market on his own, and then driving to Ballan, and I was tired from my late night. I went to bed at lunchtime, which was a good move, and was very excited to see Essendon hang on for a three-point win against GWS, to record their second victory for the season.
On Monday, I had the energy to join Wes & Morse on the early morning walk, which was done in thick fog at Daylesford Cemetery. Then off to Coles for the supermarket shopping, followed by Baker's Delight, where I bought feta & spinach Danish for breakfast. Later I went back into Vincent Street to see if I could replace our glass litre bottles, which are starting to break after 28 years of holding Leitches Creek mineral water. I found one, and there will be more in a fortnight.
Our neighbour, Glen, sent us this stunning photo of sunrise in Portland, where she was staying - quite different from here, where there was no moon or stars let alone a sunrise
The weather was similar on Tuesday, but the fog lifted a little earlier, which enabled Wes to mow everywhere, and me to have a manicure with Juls in Hepburn Springs. No walk on Wednesday, but Wes did the floors, while Judi & I enjoyed quite a few games of Mah Jong at Muffins & More, where we had a few enquiries from visitors about the game.
On Thursday morning, it was too wet to walk yet again, and snow was forecast. Wes enjoyed an excellent Jackson Group Zoom, and I led the Old Friends WhatsApp catch up. Karen S, Joyce & I were all thrilled to see Kathy, who was recovering from her first cataract op, but all envious when she told us she didn't need to go through 4 weeks of drops every 4 hours, as the specialist had inserted a pouch under her eye, which delivered the drops as needed. Wow! That is amazing.
Wes then drove to Hawthorn East, where Graham Hubbard was hosting a lunch for the Victorian members of the Jackson Group. He took flowers for Graham & his wife, Judy, and gave me a beautiful bunch of Oriental lilies, which started to open when the sun shone briefly & unexpectedly.
Lunch went well and Wes enjoyed it very much, arriving back home just after 5pm. We debriefed about all the wonderful conversations & yummy meal before having fish & chips & preparing to watch Collingwood tackle Adelaide over there. After being down by 27 points in the second quarter, we found our mojo and won by 34 points in a skilful, entertaining match. I fell asleep at half-time, and had to watch the second half the next morning.
I had two appointments on Friday - one at Daylesford with Peter, my podiatrist. I had hoped he would have new orthotics for me, but they hadn't arrived. He promised to let me know when they were available at Springs Medical. After a short break, Wes drove me to see Dr James at Kyneton for a skin check and to discuss Trelegy, my latest asthma medication. The skin check went well with no worrying marks anywhere, and we agreed to ditch Trelegy and go back to the combination of Seretide & Spiriva Respimat. He also referred me to a respiratory specialist in Ballarat and I'm waiting for an appointment.
We were very sad to read of Greg Sewell's death this week. He was an influential figure in Brunswick Rotary, and we spent many happy times with him, his wife, Glenyce, and son, Mark. He was 93, which is a good innings! Greg was well known as an Essendon footballer, who played 171 games, before joining the committee and later becoming President of the Club.
L-R Greg Sewell, Les Gordon, Ian Kift, Bill Sharpe & Peter Johnstone - Brunswick Rotary power-breakers!
Yesterday we drove to Strathmore early to visit Leanne. It was an excellent catch up and we chatted for about 90 minutes over hot drinks & apple log. We bought a spinach quiche from Gusto on our way home - they are always yummy, and handy to have in the freezer. We arrived back home in time for the Carlton vs Gold Coast game at the Docklands. This was an close game, with the lead changing often, and Wes was thrilled when the Blues were able to hold for a 13 point win.

No comments:
Post a Comment