Morse

Morse
Morse & friend

Sunday 9 October 2022

Daylesford Spring Dispatch - Sunday, 9th October 2022

This is very like what happens when Wes is reading & Morse joins him in the chair 

We started our week with a lovely visit to the Sunday Market, where Yvonne had most of our vegetables sitting waiting for us to collect. Wes & Morse visited Jeff, the dog treat man, to order dried pork bones, and bought some eggs from the Peros family, who also do wonderful olives & make their own wine. 

On Monday, School was extra cleaning, which we do each month. Wes cleaned the kitchen rangehood and all the high spots on top of cupboards, while I made sure all the lounge tables & chairs were polished, including their supports & legs. We were very pleased with the results of our elbow grease & enjoyed our rewards of coffee scroll (Wes) & apple scroll (me). 

Later that morning I visited Dr Ellie for a second burning off of a small growth on my back, which had become itchy. As always, I am very glad that these growths are just that & not cancerous. I have a couple of other large ones & these are going to be sliced off in a fortnight under local anaesthetic. 

The next morning, while Wes did wonderful improvements to our front garden, I had a Zoom chat with my sister, Leanne, & then with friend, Terry Borg. The 40 minutes allotted to each chat seems to fly by. However, I was aware that I wasn't at my sparkling best & sure enough, but Wednesday I had to go back to bed. Judi & I had planned to play Mah Jong, but when I went to get into the car, I realised I couldn't even drive it, so apologised to her & spent most of the rest of the week in bed. 

Meanwhile, Wes looked after me beautifully, and Maloney Folly coped well with the 45mls that deluged on Thursday & Friday. We were both very sad to read of the sudden death of author, Peter Robinson (creator of DCI Banks) as we have enjoyed his work for many years. He was only 72.

Yesterday we dipped our toes in the water with a bet on the Caulfield Guineas in preparation for the Spring Racing Carnival bet-fest. I had a few dollars in my Sportsbet account that they had given me & we tried for the quinella & trifecta, but could only land the winner. It was an exciting day's racing programme, which augurs well for next Saturday's Caulfield Cup meeting. 

In the AFLW, Carlton shook off its lethargy & recorded a solid win against St Kilda, while Brisbane beat North Melbourne in the battle for top team. Collingwood plays GWS later today, which I will be watching keenly in the hope we can continue our good form, especially with our Captain, Steph Chiocci, playing her 50th game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment