Morse

Morse
Morse & friend

Sunday 6 February 2022

Daylesford Summer Dispatch - Sunday, 6th February 2022

Wonderful sentiment Snoopy!

We had a fun visit to the Market last Sunday - everyone wanted to talk about Ash Barty's win in the Australian Open & lots of the stallholders were tired from staying up later than usual on a Saturday night. Yvonne had shredded the cabbage for Lewis & Morse, which they appreciated by eating every skerrick, much to her delight. 

We set off to visit Rosanna & David in Keilor, via Bourkie's Bakery in Woodend, where we bought some French vanilla slices as our contribution to morning tea. We had a lovely visit - so much to talk about & catch up after so many years since we had last seen each other, and we had only chatted with David over Zoom. Cooper was particularly pleased to meet us when we produced a bag of liver treats. We first met Rosanna back in 1998 when Cos Rullo suggested she would be a perfect person to join Maloney Insurance Brokers and she was!

Rosanna & David, with Cooper 

On our way back home, we stopped at the Maltese restaurant in Keilor Road to stock up on pastizzi - two dozen each of ricotta & peas and got started on them that night. The boys had behaved themselves while we were away and I think our arrival back home woke them up. 

The next morning would usually be School, but I had a dental check-up in Ballarat instead. I had postponed this three times for various reasons & by the time I got to Ashmore Dentistry, my usual dental hygienist had given birth to a baby son & taken maternity leave. I was more than happy with her replacement, Bec, who did a great job & coped with my asthma, mouth-breathing & inability to lie flat in a dental chair! Wes had driven me as he needed to do a few chores in Ballarat & I was most grateful, as I am always tired the day after a trip anywhere. 

By popular demand, another vase of perfect roses - deep pink, pale pink, deep orange & pale yellow
Also, by popular demand, Morse & Lewis getting comfy together

Tuesday was a big morning of Zoom chat for me - started off early with Jeff in Torksey Lock & Ash Barty was our main topic; then onto Leanne in Strathmore, who had lots of good news to share, and finally Jan in Maleny, where we talked about COVID, female role models such as Ash & Grace Tame, and laughed about her chooks' antics. 

On Wednesday morning, after I did my fortnightly deliveries, Judi & I met at Muffins & More for tea, toasties & Mah Jong. It was lovely to be playing again & she wiped the floor with me, winning 3 games to my one. Sandra cleaned our house while I was out & Wes did wonders in the front garden. 

That afternoon I fell in a heap & retreated to bed, where I have been more or less. This is the usual pattern - feel well & energetic, do too much & pay for it by a complete loss of energy. As well I am quite asthmatic, but at least I don't have COVID, which is a blessing. Wes has been wonderful, as usual, providing G&Ts, yummy meals & sending in Nurses Lewis & Morse for pats & licks when needed. 

I did enjoy seeing the Australian women retain the Ashes by winning the first ODI on Thursday & hope they can continue their good form today. Our AFLW teams haven't been doing well, and the Pies went down badly against Brisbane at Maroochydore yesterday. Fingers crossed the Blues can do better this arvo.

My illness has meant we missed out on a trip to the Geelong Gallery to see 100 Years of the Archibalds on Thursday, where we were meeting up with old friend, Wendy Owen, and her husband, Roberto, to see the exhibition & have lunch. It also means that Wes will visit Leanne on his own this morning, for which I am very grateful, as she looks forward to our three-weekly visits, mostly for the conversation over coffee & cake, but also for any practical help she needs. 
Our first hot-air balloon this year rising over Lake Daylesford early yesterday morning

No comments:

Post a Comment