Morse

Morse
Morse & friend

Sunday 7 July 2019

Daylesford Winter Dispatch - Sunday, 7th July 2019


Last Sunday breakfast was cancelled as there were only 4 of us & the weather was still wet & cold. As a result, we spent the morning at home for a change before collecting Matt & Sara from Double Nut & enjoying a lovely long lunch with them at Boathouse Daylesford. We dropped them back and went home to watch Carlton unexpectedly beat Freo over there with less than a minute to go. Wes, like all Carlton supporters, was absolutely delighted, especially as Charlie Curnow was injured halfway into the 1st quarter & they had to play without his brilliance.



Wes, Sara & Matt enjoying Boathouse

On Monday I joined my three boys on the early walk around Lake Daylesford once again before heading to the gym, where I have a new programme to learn. Matt & Sara had asked if they could spend time with us that morning, much to our delight. We picked them up at 9.30 & did gave them a short tour around Hepburn Springs, Hepburn, Shepherds Flat, Elevated Plains, Franklinford, Mt Franklin, Dry Diggings & back to Daylesford. We looked at the Blowhole, and had morning tea at the Chocolate Mill, before finishing up with a drive around the Wombat Hill Botanical Gardens. Before Wes dropped them back at Double Nut accommodation, we came home here so they could meet Lewis & Morse, who greeted them with their usual enthusiasm and complete lack of obedience, so loved by dog owners!
  

                                                
         The Blowhole looking majestic

On Tuesday morning I drove to Ballarat to see the film Rocketman, which I really enjoyed, I was particularly pleased to have the cinema all to myself until I decided to check I was in the right one & discovered I had misread the signs. I quickly collected my things & moved to Cinema 3 where I joined 9 others but was able to get a seat in the back row, always my preferred option.
When I arrived home, Lewis & Morse were sound asleep, exhausted after helping Wes bring in kindling & firewood & various other jobs in the backyard.


Brotherly love, although you wouldn’t think so all the time!

I dropped in another crop of beanies etc as Jodie was doing a distribution again this week. I think the publicity she gained with a front- page article in the local paper has increased the numbers of knitters & donors of wool, which is great.


On Wednesday I woke to find I had caught Wes’s head cold & we decided a day in bed was the best cure. Fortunately, I had no appointments to cancel & felt much better for the rest. By Thursday my head was working again & it was such a beautiful day, it was a pleasure to be up and about again.

Wes took Barbara to lunch in Ballarat for her birthday & the boys coped with my rather sedentary style and occasionally took themselves out for a game of chasey in the back yard.


On Friday afternoon I drove to Northcote & checked in at Danny’s place, where we sat quietly over cups of tea & caught up on news. My cold had freshened up & I really shouldn’t have made the trip, but it was a belated birthday dinner & game at the G and I didn’t want to disappoint Danny by calling it off. We caught the train to the ground & enjoyed dinner in The Terrace before drinks in the Frank Grey Smith Bar on the 3rd level. The game didn’t start until 7.50pm, which is almost my bedtime! Hawthorn were too good in the end & won a close game by 4 points.

Yesterday I drove back home via Leanne. I had hoped to spend the day with her but wasn’t feeling well enough. She was most understanding & sent me off with a bag of lemons.
Today Wes has walked the boys, done the Sunday Market shopping & is now at breakfast. I’m planning a very quiet day as this head cold has moved into my chest & feels like bronchial asthma is on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment