Morse

Morse
Morse & friend

Sunday 29 July 2018

Daylesford Winter Dispatch - Sunday, 29th July 2018



 

Last Sunday’s Dispatch was sent just before Bilbo & I had an unexpected collision within the confines of our walk-in robes – I turned to avoid him, he turned to match me & his head collided with my instep, leaving me with strained ligaments in my left foot. At first, it seemed very minor, but as the day wore on it became more & more painful & I was forced to apply ice, keep my foot up & eventually go to bed with a compression bandage.

This is the perfect Snoopy cartoon to accompany my whinge!

I was very lucky that it wasn’t worse & by Friday was feeling just about back to normal. I think the sunshine helped after a few days of Brigadoon. Wes was even able to get into the garden & potter around for a bit, although it is still very wet underfoot.

Foxtel offered free films during the early part of July & Wes booked a few for us to watch, which have come in handy during the past two weeks. I have watched my all-time favourite film, Chariots of Fire, which is so well-cast, beautifully written & filmed with the wonderful music of Vangelis. I’ve also seen Paddington for the first time, watched A Passage to India with the wonderful Aussie actress, Judy Davis, in the title role in 1983; reconnected with Dead Poets Society starring Robin Williams, and The Book Thief with Geoffrey Rush.

On Wednesday, Dot & I played Mah Jong for the last time for a month, as she & John are heading for warmer weather. We evened out the wins, which pleased us both, if not our husbands. Thursday was Denise Anderson’s birthday, so Wes booked a table for two at Bad Habits Café, at the Convent Gallery, and the siblings spent an enjoyable lunch time catching up on news. We are so lucky to have so many choices for breakfast, lunch & dinner here in our little neck of the woods.


Denise enjoying her birthday lunch.

Yesterday, we drove to Melbourne for the big Richmond vs Collingwood game at the MCG. It was very exciting to be there amongst 88,000+ for a great match. Richmond were too good for us in the final quarter, as expected, but I was very proud of our team.
Last night, Carlton had its second win for the season, unexpectedly against Gold Coast up there. Wes is enjoying the day after very much – it’s been some weeks since he woke up as a winner!

It’s going to be a very quiet day today after our big day driving to & from the footy yesterday. Bilbo is very happy to have us home again & didn’t want to get up for an early walk or anything else this morning. He will start to show interest shortly when I prepare to leave for the Sunday Market.

We have a busy week coming up with a trip to Melbourne on Tuesday – me to see Leanne & Wes to take Leon to breakfast for his birthday. Wes has a funeral in Bulleen on Wednesday – Terry Lane, a very popular & much-loved insurance broker died suddenly last week (on the golf course, which would have pleased him). We are due to go on a date on Thursday, but I suspect we will be happy just to see a film in Ballarat, rather than drive anywhere very far!

No comments:

Post a Comment