Morse

Morse
Morse & friend

Sunday 9 August 2015

Daylesford Winter Dispatch - Sunday, 9th August, 2015



Dear Friends, thank you all for sending get well wishes. They must have worked, as after another couple of days, I finally managed to get up and dressed on Friday morning and went downstairs to attack the computer issues that had built up over the past week. Bilbo was very relieved to see me out of bed, even though we didn’t go on the Friday Bushwalk around Spargo Creek, which would have been beautiful. I stayed up until 2.30pm and then went back to bed.
Yesterday I lasted until 5.30pm, and had a 10-hour sleep, which was just what was needed. The cricket didn’t keep either of us awake as it was all over in a trice and poor Michael Clarke fell on his sword, which is a very sad way to finish what has been an illustrious career. At least we have a readymade and proven new Captain in Steve Smith, although his time at the helm will be shaky to start with.


Nurse Bilbo relaxing between shifts

I was very disappointed to miss out on Saturday in Melbourne – I had booked a ticket to see ‘David Bowie is’ at ACMI (The Australian Centre for the Moving Image) at Federation Square. Most of the exhibits had been on show at the Victoria & Albert Museum when we were last in London, but it was completely sold out, so I was delighted when it arrived here. Fortunately, ACMI is staffed with very understanding people who have changed my ticket without charge and I hope to go in a fortnight. I had planned to spend the afternoon at the footy with David Lazzaro and he still went and assured me that our seats in the MCC section were excellent. Lastly, I had booked a car park pass at the Melbourne & Olympic Parks Car Park and I was able to cancel that at no cost, which is very impressive.

Adam Goodes came back to play with the Swans last night at Geelong’s home ground, Kardinia Park, where both teams ran through a joint banner, and there was none of the intense, sustained booing that has greeted him for most of his games in the past year. Geelong won the game with a strong last quarter after a very even match.


This morning is cool but dry and I’m planning to take Bilbo to the Sunday Market, before the three of us go to Breakfast, which will be followed by a quiet day at home. Danny Millman and I are flying to Sydney on Thursday mainly to see Collingwood and Sydney play at the SCG on Friday night, but we are very much looking forward to catching up with friends, Jane & David Knox & Terry McDonald. Danny has other friends he is keen to see, so I imagine he will be out most nights, while I will be taking it very quietly indeed.

We arrive home on Sunday, so there may not be a Dispatch until Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment