Morse

Morse
Morse & friend

Sunday 24 March 2013

Daylesford Dispatch - Sunday, 24th March 2013



Dear Friends, in total contrast to last week, this has been a very quiet week. I have been fighting off the dreaded cold, and CFS has reared its ugly head and rendered me depleted of energy and get-up-and-go…..such a pain. However, Wes has been very understanding and prepared some lovely meals and coped with my shortened days.

The biggest disappointment was missing out on the Crime Fiction Class, which was held on Thursday afternoon. I had read books by all thirteen authors, printed out biographical notes on them all, and was looking forward to participating in a robust discussion with a few friends. Jan Bragg very kindly emailed me to tell me how it went and that I was missed.


 Beautiful photo of Robert & Marilyn Preston with Charlotte at her christening last weekend.

 
Another lovely photo – this time it is Danny Millman easily persuading Penny to fall asleep on his shoulder.  



 
Photos from Noosa – Deane Wells & his son, Danny Wells & Wes, who has declared 2013 a Blue Year!

Apart from clearing PO Boxes, bringing in bins and picking tomatoes, I’ve done very little else this week. I did have enough tomatoes & cucumbers, courtesy of Judi & Michael’s abundant veggie patch to make a batch of Tomato & Cucumber Relish, which Wes has declared my best ever, and is demolishing at every opportunity!

We’ve just returned from breakfast where Wes was the only male present, so sat at the head of the table. Judi told us about a wonderful Melbourne Walk that she & Michael did, which explained the aboriginal history, and John Fawkner’s part in the establishment of Melbourne; Gail had stories to relate from their recent trip to the Blue Mountains to see their family; Jan & John had been sick, while their dog, Gypsy, is much better; Barbara had been finding old school-friends on a NZ website, and Gillie was excited to be heading off to Mildura, Canberra & Euroa tomorrow.  
My phone needed replacing, so I picked up a new one this week at our local Telstra shop, where I had the combined brainpower of all three experts – John, Tim & Keith, as we sorted out how to move all my Contacts onto the new SIM card & then change the password, how to avoid paying a fee for cancelling a 24-month contract with two weeks left on it, etc etc. I am thrilled to bits with the new phone, it is a Motorola RAZR HD, and the first thing I did on it was watch ABC News 24 as Julia outwitted the Rudd faction and remained Prime Minister this week. Then I took a photo of the boys, who happily climbed onto their bed at my request. 
 
Yesterday we drove to Melbourne where we had a most enjoyable long visit with Viva. Wes got her reminiscing about her young days & gathered lots of great information that he will add to the Family Tree data he has already compiled.                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment